Heritage and Infrastructure in the City
Friday, 16 December, 2016 - 10:00 to Tuesday, 20 December, 2016 - 18:00
- Ambedkar University Delhi (Centre for Community Knowledge)
- Jawaharlal Nehru University (Institute of Advanced Study)
- International Institute for Asian Studies (IIAS) in Leiden
- Urban Knowledge Network Asia (UKNA)
Objective - Unpacking the city of Delhi through layers of
a) Lived History and Heritage
b) Urban infrastructure
c) Ecological landscape
d) Architectural Histories
- Archaeology department, Government of Delhi
- Indian National Trust for Art and Cultural Heritage (INTACH), New Delhi
- Greha, an urban planning NGO, Delhi
- Itihas, an education NGO that conducts history walks, Delhi
- NGO from Trilokpuri and Sangam Vihar
- Local MLA and Councillor, Mehrauli
- Round Table on Urban Heritage and need for Delhi City Museum
- Seminar on Basic Urban Services in Delhi: Citizens, State/Policy and Politics
- Pop up Neighbourhood Museum on site at Mehrauli displaying a collection of lived memories of (a) a historical heritage neighbourhood and (b) a mixed migrant neighbourhood that identifies and brings together the layers of heritage and challenges the archaeology led authorized heritage discourse by bringing in lived memories of heritage and history.
- Poster exhibition that visualizes different kinds of content for the proposed Delhi City Museum at the Dara Shikoh Building (AUD).
- Background and Final Report on
- the need for a Delhi City Museum for the Delhi Govt as a method of building a Heritage from Below – People who make the city (to be produced by CCK, AUD).
- State of the city report 2016 on water and sanitation (jointly produced by CCK, AUD and JNU,IAS)